Saturday, August 22, 2009

Cheese Love


I really do not remember how my love for cheese started it but I know that my grandfather had a lot to do with it.

My Grandpa used to have cheese on the table as a snack all the time. Soft and hard, sweet and salty, smelly and aromatic. Cheese has been synonymous with home since my early years.

That’s why I got very excited when I discovered
Goat Song: A Seasonal Life, A Short History of Herding, and the Art of Making Cheese. I am looking forward to reading how author Brad Kessler began his life as a herder -- learning how to care for and breed and birth goats.
Kessler reflects on the history and literature of herding, and how our diet, our alphabet, our religions, poetry, and economy all grew out of a pastoralist milieu among hoofed animals.

To Read more, visit the
Society of Fellows blog.

Happy reading and eating!

Photo credit

No comments:

Post a Comment